Provided by Dr.Pallant
Individual sessions using cognitive-behavioural and compassionate focussed therapeutic approaches for adults struggling with mental ill-health, psychological or psychiatric difficulties and/or non-specific physical health complaints.
In brief, cognitive behavioural therapy (CBT) is a structured, practical and effective intervention which identifies and addresses the behaviours and thinking patterns which may be causing and maintaining the problem and is proved to be effective in treating a wide range of psychological/psychiatric difficulties.
Compassionate focussed therapy (CFT) has evolved from CBT and is proving to be effective in working with distressed individuals, particularly those who present as highly self-critical and full of shame, who tend not to respond to traditional Cognitive Behavioural Therapies.
In brief, recent studies of the brain have shown that we have three different types of emotion regulation systems including the ‘Threat and Self- Protection’, ‘Drive and Desire’ and ‘Compassion and Self-Soothing’. These three systems work together, constantly interacting, and regulating each other. When people are experiencing mental distress, the ‘Threat’ system tends to be highly aroused with the other two systems struggling to regulate it with the ‘Compassion and Self-Soothing’ system being typically under stimulated. Hence, one of the aims of CFT is to help the distressed individual access this ‘Compassion and Self-Soothing’ system in order to regulate the ‘Threat’ system via a series of brain training exercises, referred to as Compassionate Mind Training (CMT).
Such therapeutic techniques can be effective in treating a wide range of difficulties including anxiety disorders and depression.
Psychological assessment & treatment for individuals struggling with symptoms & difficulties in relation to the following is available, including:
• Anxiety disorder of any nature
• Stress (work-related or otherwise)
• Bipolar disorders
• Trauma related experiences such as Post Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD) or experiences of abuse of any kind
• Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
• Phobias of any kind
• Adjustment issues of any kind
• Bereavement issues
• Physical health issues
• Chronic fatigue syndrome (CFS)
• Rehabilitation following head injury
• Relationship difficulties (sexual/marital/family)
• Anger/temper issues
• Eating difficulties
My therapeutic style is adapted to fit the presenting needs of the individual.
Consent & confidentiality is discussed during the initial session.
Psychological assessments for various businesses and organisations including Solicitors/Law firms, Courts, Probation Services, Constabularies etc
The following are available including:
• Court Reports for Individuals awaiting Court appearance/on remand in custody.
• Court Reports for Individuals on bail awaiting sentencing.
• Other Psychological Assessments completed.
• Medico-Legal Reports for any type of Personal Injury claim (deferred payment accepted).
• Medico-Legal Reports for potential Clinical Negligence Claims (deferred payment accepted).
• Reports to support an application to the Criminal Injuries Compensation Board (CICB)
• Mental Health Assessments for purposes of immigration/ deportation.